Thursday 11 November 2010

meta - phwoar!!!!

I attended Metaphwoar on Tuesday and whilst there I was incredibly engaged, how could I not be, it featured some of the most creative and inquisitive minds in advertising talking about the future.

I didn't necessarily learn anything revolutionary but I did learn how to make a presentation a hell of a lot more stimulating:

Keep it funny, keep it short, use some metaphors. Intersperse with a few shocking images too if you're feeling particularly brave.

Topics covered included intellectual property of digital art, how good communication is like baseball (it was a leap for me too) and brilliant planning being quite similar to cooking.

It was part of Internet week Europe and was Organised by Andy Whitlock a former Poke planner (they did Orange GlastoTag). Keep your eyes open for more from Metaphwoar.









1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun Leeston. You forgot one important detail: Have an AWESOME lightbox ;)

    p.s. I'm not a 'former poke planner' - I'm still at Poke and I'm a 'creative strategist'. (And there was me giving pedantry a hard time)

    There will be more from Metaphwoar! I hope.

    ReplyDelete

like