Sunday 19 September 2010

Nordic Flair

I finally paid a visit to the Acne studio store in London yesterday and It's an incredible retail space, the design aesthetic and mood all add up to create a place where you want to buy.

What you'll see a lot more of in retail is an effort to increase your dwell time. All Saints now have iPads in stores and you'll also notice a lot more cafe's in stores. Acne does this in a low key manner with it's lovely top floor garden.

The atmosphere in the shop was typical Nordic cool, there aren't many places you walk in to be serenaded by a gentleman playing a yellow lemon piano.

I'm pretty sure the shop will be a success. I've been a fan of Acne (Ambition to Create Novel Expressions) for a while, particularly how they grew out of a multi talented collective which encompasses design, advertising, film and fashion.

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take pictures and my stealth mode wasn't working but this is definitely a store worth seeing. The store has a perfect location on Dover street so you can pop into DSM and A.P.C while you're at it.

That's what I call shopping

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

like