Wednesday 31 August 2011

The way to my heart ....

Is obviously through a big fat steak!

I went to Hawksmoor over the bank holiday and it was sublime, even better than expected.

I wasn't going to post about this until I'd waxed lyrical to a few friends who haven't heard about it. Surely all London dwelling bon vivants should of heard of a place which has been unofficially crowned/called the best steak outside Argentina, the best burger in London (tied with Bar Boulud if you must know) and also has a hard working cocktail menu even Salvatore Calobrese would be proud of.

I must admit I found the weight thing confusing: you order the speciality steaks by their weight in denominations of 100gs. The waiter though seemed to be some kind of otherworldly butcher/cow aficionado and explained this excellently. I'm actually still feeling stingy for the average tip I left and may have to pop back in.

My mantra in marketing, writing and what I look for in an impressive piece of art is 'simple but effective' a philosophy you can taste in Hawksmoors food. The triple cooked chips were incredible. The steak which I'm not normally a fan of medium rare was perhaps one the best pieces of meat I've ever tasted.

I could go on but as I said 'simple but effective', I'd visit soon if I were you and maybe on a Monday where you can bring your won booze!







No comments:

Post a Comment

like