Wednesday 9 February 2011

The Goldmine: Part 1

Anybody who's ever been to an advertising interview knows that you can't dodge the question what's your favourite ad of all time.

I've always struggled with the question. Growing up with you've been Tangoed and the amazing Nike footballs ads it was tricky, you were spoilt for choice, you actually talked about ads in the playground.  I wonder if kids do that anymore?

Even with some great ads in recent years it's still a tricky question, more specifically it's a committal question which can define who you are like; when did you lose your v plates or whats your favourite ever song.

After a couple of years in the business, much pontification and a trawl through the goldmine I think I've found my answer.

The below ad for The Guardian tells a story and gets home the product benefit in a master crafted way see video below.



The ad is awesome so other than saying I think it's beautiful and simple but effective I'll let it speak for itself.

More posts from the Goldmine soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

like