Wednesday 16 February 2011

Losing Control

Monday night was a pretty good Valentines day for me. A little disconcerting that there were no females involved but you can't have everything.

I got a last minute invite to be in the audience of Topman CRTL MX . Guest controller Mark Ronson and the radio 1 DJ Huw Stephens presented a TV show all about their favourite music with a handpicked selection of live acts.

I enjoyed the experience on several different levels. 

For cool brands like Topman has managed to metamorph into I truly believe producing relevant content is a strong marketing strategy.Topman have created something interesting which will resonate with the target audience, I'd happily bet money it will prove a million times more effective than any TV ad could.

Other reasons I enjoyed the show were the free booze and rediscovering Lykke Li, she's as talented as she is fine. The View were quite good unfortunately no same jeans though, The Joy Formidable were excellent perhaps 2011 will finally be their year.

You could argue Ronson is a bit of douche, but if you did I'd tell you to shut up! He's a genuinely likeable and creative individual.

The show airs on Channel 4 February 24th at 10pm check it out. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

like