Sunday 20 February 2011

Tell me a story that will move me

How often can you say you've been truly moved. 

I'd say that feeling is pretty rare.

That's how I felt when I attended True Stories Told Live last week. I'd caught articles about it in GQ and the Observer and decided to see what all the fuss was about. It was more entertaining, more fun and more inspiring than I ever expected.

It's a simple format, five selected speakers tell you a story about an incredible experience they've had. Your trials and tribulations seem minuscule when someone describes the pain of losing friends trying to climb Everest.

Another highlight was the story of the brain surgeon who saved the boxer Michael Watson's life and met Muhammad Ali in the process. 

It takes place every month in a quaint little pub at the end of Chapel Market in Islington. Speakers are different every month so it's likely no two visits are the same. It's a hell of a way to spend a Wednesday, especially for free.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

like